Full Site Event Policy
Return to Weddings
Private Event Information and Policies
Reservation of Space
Reservations may be made up to one year in advance. A date will be reserved & confirmation given upon approval of the special events coordinator and/or management. A non-refundable payment and a signed contract will be required to confirm your special date.
Events may be scheduled Wednesday through Sunday. Events may begin at 5:00 pm. Additional charges of $350.00 per hour or any portion thereof apply to any time over the stated time. All deliveries must arrive before 10:30am or after 3:00pm on the day of the event.
Payment is based on the guaranteed minimum guest count, and are non-refundable for any reason. A payment schedule outlined below is applicable unless the event is booked less than 30 days prior to the event date.
- The first payment is due at the time of confirmed booking is 25%.
- The second deposit is due within 30 days of the initial booking and is 25% of the estimated total cost.
- The third deposit is due 60 days after the initial booking and is again 25% of the estimated total cost.
- The final estimated payment is due 30 days prior to the event and is payable by Credit Card or Cashiers Check. This is based upon your final guest count, estimated food and beverage costs, all rentals, service charges and applicable taxes. Any additions or credits will be by Credit Card on the day of the event or after a final tally is done within 10 days of the event.
There is a minimum total charge of $3500.00 for any full facility event at The Tea House on Los Rios. All charges including site fees, event coordinator, food and beverage will apply toward the minimum. Service charges and applicable taxes do not apply toward the minimum. A 20% taxable service charge and applicable taxes of 8% will be added.
The Victorian Garden Site begins at $5000.00. There are two options for special events on our Victorian Garden Site:
- Full Service- The Tea House on Los Rios will provide: food, service wear and linens. We will provide all items and service to the best of our ability to make the event a success. All charges includingsite fees, event coordinator, food and beverage will apply toward the minimum. Service charges and applicable taxes do not apply toward the minimum. A 20% taxable service charge and applicable taxes of 8% will be added.
Food and Beverage Policies
All food and beverages must be provided and served by The Tea House on Los Rios, unless renting the Victorian Garden Site. The ABC of the State of California regulates all alcohol and The Tea House on Los Rios is responsible to administer the following regulations. Alcohol is limited to Champagne, Wines, Ales and Beer. No hard liquor is allowed on the premises. Upon special arrangements with the management wine may be brought in if it is unavailable from our suppliers. (a corkage fee of $22.00 per bottle will apply). An outside bakery may deliver a Wedding Cake and a fee of $4.00 per person cutting and plating will be charged.
All events on the Victorian Garden Lawn are required to provide a Certificate of Insurance, (DPR 169a) with specific endorsements as proof of liability insurance coverage. Special Event/ Wedding Insurance can be obtained by dialing 1-800-ENGAGED or www.wedsafe.com. The State requires an insurance agent to execute the certificate.
The insurance certificate/policy will cover the duration of the event. Will be in an amount no less than Combined Single Limit (CSL) $1,000,000.00 per occurrence.
Special events that include the use of alcohol will require Liquor liability insurance.
General Aggregate$2,000,000Products$ 500,000Personal Injury$1,000,000Each Occurrence$1,000,000Fire Damage$ 50,000Medial$ 5,000Host Liquor Liability:$1,000,000(If alcohol is not served no liquor liability is required)
Menu selections are available as detailed on the accompanying sheet and custom menus may also be planned. Items and prices are subject to change, but once a party is booked and the menu selected those prices will remain constant for the event. Should you require special dietary considerations, arrangements must be made in advance (minimum 10 working days) and may be priced differently than the selected menu.
The Tea House on Los Rios must have a final guest count at least one week prior to the event. This will be considered a guarantee, for which you will be charged even if fewer guests attend the event. This final count may not fall below your initial minimum guarantee. Any guests in addition to the final count will be charged according to the additional guest charge per your agreement.
The Tea House on Los Rios Ambience
A function at The Tea House will be an event to remember. Your guests will be treated as you would treat them in your home, our quaint elegant setting will enhance your enjoyment and experience. All functions at The Tea House only include set up, and impeccable service. Our fine linen service as well as mixed patterns of nostalgic china are complimentary at each function. Our linens are white on the verandah and midnight mauve inside the house. Special colors may be used at an additional charge.
(This is general information and subject to change until a contract is signed)